• Are you a small business owner who needs funding to grow your business?
• Do you have what you believe is a good business concept?
• Do you want an opportunity to promote your business?
The 7th Annual SEED Center Business Pitch Competition is now receiving applications. The competition is open to all residents of Southwest Louisiana (Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, and Jeff Davis parishes). There are four categories: high school, college/university, general business and technology.
The goal of the Business Pitch Competition is to increase awareness of the SEED Center Business Incubator and increase entrepreneurship in the local region. The SEED Center Business Pitch competition has grown into the premier event of its type in the five parish region.
• The Competition: There is no fee to enter. Entry deadline is April 9 and the Pitch Competition is April 25 at the SEED Center. The event is open to the public. Last year’s event was once again successful. We had our largest ever number of entries with 44 submissions. We had entries in all four divisions. Each year the quality of competition rises in each of the four divisions. The Business Pitch Competition provides a showcase for entrepreneurs and their creativity. Sponsoring and hosting this event at the SEED Center serves to establish us as the center for all things entrepreneurial. Finalists (typically 3-5 in each division) will ‘pitch’ their idea or business to a panel of local entrepreneurs and business people, similar to a ‘Shark Tank’ format.
• The Prizes: The winner in each division will receive a cash award of $5,000. In addition there are in-kind awards for legal, marketing and accounting services. There are over $65,000 in cash and services to be awarded.
• Our Sponsors: SASOL is a major Title sponsor for the pre-Pitch programming and event. We are also very pleased that Capital One Bank is returning as a presenting and major sponsor for the Business Incubator and Business Pitch. Also, returning sponsors include the O’Carroll Group, Coca Cola, JWalker & Company, Scofield Gerard Pohorelsky Gallaugher & Landry Law Firm and Angels of SWLA. We also welcome WAITR (former Business Pitch winner and Incubator client) as a new sponsor. Special thanks and appreciation to all our sponsors for their invaluable support.
Apply for the opportunity to ‘pitch’ your business. Come be a part of the entrepreneurial movement in SWLA. Visit.
For more information, please contact Adrian L. Wallace at 337-433-0977 Ext. 2201.or