This committee is dedicated to raising environmental awareness in Southwest Louisiana.
Want to Join?
The Environmental Affairs Committee meets the 2nd Thursday of each month.
February 13, 7:30 a.m. SEED Center, Stockwell-Sievert Board Room
March 12, 7:30 a.m. SEED Center, Stockwell-Sievert Board Room
STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND
LEARN ABOUT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN ENVIRONMENTAL FIELDS
Report sightings of the invasive species Apple Snail
- ANS Hotline: 225-756-3977
- ANS Email: AquaticInvasives@wlf.la.gov
- These are the best way of reporting ANS sightings to LDWF.
- Sighting of new locations are verified.
- Pictures or specimen, coordinates and contact information make it easier for us to confirm identification.
To learn more about the apple snail, click HERE.
Environmental News & Resources
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Environmental Affairs Committee of the Chamber Southwest is to identify environmental issues that affect the citizens and businesses of Southwest Louisiana, and then facilitate continuous improvements on those issues.