We are in an uncertain time and the situation is constantly changing. By remaining informed from health care professionals, we can adjust our lives and activities so we can “weather the storm”.
There are several fact-based sources to rely on. Getting factual information from these sources can prevent the misinformation that is widespread on social media.
- The Center for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus/covid19
- The Louisiana Department of Health: ldh.la.gov
- Louisiana Workforce Commission: Regarding Unemployment: http://www.laworks.net
- Office of the Governor (Regarding Essential Critical Workforce)
As we gather information from our members which can help the community at large, we will share it on our Facebook page and via email.
We ask that our business community adhere to Governor John Bel Edwards’ "Stay At Home Order" and support businesses that are open while being courteous in these trying times.
As soon as the COVID-19 crisis ends, SWLA will be back and running and our businesses and residents will be stronger. Right now, we need to make sure all residents are safe. No business is successful without customers. Now is the time to ensure the customer base is safe and healthy.
At this time, where are several online resources available offering advice and guidance to business owners.
- Outdoor Restaurant Guide from the Louisiana Fire Marshal
- Louisiana Association of Business & Industry’s Resources for Businesses
- Louisiana Economic Development Resources for Businesses
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Establishing a Business Continuity Plan)
- And, several resources from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
The Alliance/Chamber SWLA is in constant contact with local, State and Federal officials and will communicate any changes that will affect the business community. We are monitoring federal legislation which should provide financial relief to our businesses.
The most important thing at this moment is to listen to medical professionals and act accordingly. This problem will be solved by health care experts with the support of the business community, elected officials, and general public.
We are a nation of survivors. Our region has demonstrated resilience during hurricanes. By working together and united for a common purpose there is no problem we can’t overcome.
President/CEO of the Chamber SWLA & The SWLA Economic Development Alliance