We are in: Phase 3
Restaurants, churches, salons, gyms will open to 75% of their capacity
Entities that were limited to 50% in Phase 2 are included in this increase to 75%
Bars will remain closed for on-premise consumption in parishes with a high COVID case count
Bars can apply for a restaurant license if they have a kitchen/serve food
Parishes with a low COVID case count can opt-in to open bars up to 25% of capacity. *Low case count is defined as 5% positive cases or less in the parish (Parish government will have to decide to opt-in if they meet all requirements)
Bars that will be allowed to open can have no more than 50 people outdoors.
No live music.
All drinks must be ordered at the table and have a waitress bring the order to the table
Alcohol sales end at 10 p.m. and patrons will be cleared by 11 p.m.
Casinos will stay at 50% total capacity and 75% of the gaming positions
Alcohol sales for on-premise consumption will end at 10pm for casinos, restaurants, and all other venues
Sports venues can operate at 25% with no alcohol sales
Indoor social gatherings, like weddings or receptions, will be limited to the lesser of 250 people or 50 percent capacity of the facility. Outdoors, crowd sizes are limited to 50 percent capacity, up to 250 people, if people will be in close proximity and social distancing is not possible.
Still no nursing home visitation as of now, LDH is working on a PILOT program that would allow limited visitation for parishes with low COVID cases (less than 5%) and no cases in the last 14 days
Mask mandate remains in place
CDC guidelines remain in effect
This order will be in effect for 28 days expiring October 9th
The State Fire Marshal’s Office and the Louisiana Department of Health have issued guidance for churches and different types of businesses to help them enter Phase One in a way that ensures they operate safely and at the maximum level allowed. Business owners and faith leaders can find information at OpenSafely.la.gov.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Business and faith leaders can visit or register at OpenSafely.la.gov to receive guidance and updates from the State Fire Marshal’s Office and the Louisiana Department of Health.
- For a guide of businesses that can be open at any given time, visit gov.louisiana.gov/page/can-this-business-open.
- Members of the public can continue to get information from the Governor’s office by visiting Coronavirus.la.gov and by texting LACOVID to 67283.
- Members of the public can continue to get information from the Department of Health by visiting ldh.la.gov/coronavirus.
- People with general questions about COVID-19 in Louisiana can call 211.