Everyone is invited to connect through the comprehensive SWLA Connection app – a go-to resource for discovering everything that Southwest Louisiana has to offer.
“In today’s workplace, we are mobile. With that in mind, The Chamber SWLA is adapting to meet the needs of our members though the development of the SWLA Connected App. This app – available for Apple and Android platforms – shares information with SWLA residents and newcomers on things to do, where to eat, places to shop, and, most importantly, how to connect with fellow Chamber SWLA members. Each Chamber SWLA member will have a listing which shares their location, phone number and website (if available). This provides an easy way to find future vendors and clients – anywhere- with a few taps of your fingers. This app strives to be a first stop when you need to learn anything about the goings on and businesses of Southwest Louisiana,” said Tobie Hodgkins, 2018 Chair of the Chamber SWLA and SWLA Alliance Foundation Board.
SWLA Connection allows everyone to explore the region’s rich culture and find places to eat, play, stay, do, learn, save and explore Southwest Louisiana like never before!
Download SWLA Connection to -
- Discover things to do, community events, festivals, art exhibits, live music and more.
- Explore all of Southwest Louisiana’s attractions, museums, parks and historic sites.
- Find the perfect restaurant to fit any mood, and get turn-by-turn directions right to its doorstep.
- Access a complete directory of local businesses and organizations such as real estate, shopping, automotive, health and medical, financial and professional services, schools, senior living and more.
- Assist your move to the SWLA region with our area Relocation Guide.
- Receive timely push notifications for local news and announcements.
- Save money with coupons and deals for local businesses.
This app was created for users to gain access to exclusive content and features from the chamber as well as other partners from across these diverse communities.
“The Phillips 66 Lake Charles Manufacturing Complex is proud to partner with the SWLA Economic Development Alliance as a featured business within the SWLA Connect App. We are eager to share Phillips 66 articles and updates, community volunteerism stories, career opportunities and more with app users. By taking advantage of the latest technology and working collectively with the businesses in Southwest Louisiana we hope to add value for those who live and work here, as well as newcomers to our community,” said Richard G. Harbison, Phillips 66 Lake Charles Manufacturing Complex Manager.
“We are proud to be a supporter of the SWLA Economic Development Alliance and the new app is an exciting program for this area. Truly believe it will help all the companies around get the word out about their businesses,” said Jeff Favre, General Manager of Isle of Capri Casino & Hotel
“Iowa Town council approved our participation in this new cell phone app this past Monday night (8-13-18) at our regular council meeting. We look forward to using this app as a collaborating communication tool in conjunction with other SWLA communities. It will allow our citizens, and our expanding business base, to have another means of staying informed,” stated Mayor Carol Ponthieux of the Town of Iowa