Southwest Louisiana - As part of Entergy’s ongoing support of the SWLA Alliance Foundation, the company recently donated $122,500 on November 23, 2021. Their donation was from an economic development grant which will help address the critical issues facing our region: business recruitment, and business retention and expansion.
Pictured from left:
- Jim Bourgeois, Entergy’s Economic Development Project Manager, Southwest and Acadiana Regions;
- Gus Fontenot, Economic Development Project Coordinator;
- George Swift, Chamber SWLA & Foundation President & CEO;
- Perry Pertuit, Entergy New Business Development;
- and R.B. Smith, Alliance VP of Business & Workforce Development
The Chamber and the SWLA Alliance Foundation are part of the Southwest Louisiana Economic Development Alliance. As part of the funding for the SWLA Economic Development Alliance, SWLA on the Move promotes economic development in Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron and Jefferson Davis parishes. Entergy works with the SWLA Economic Development Alliance to foster coordinated efforts by business, government and civic leaders to develop Louisiana's economy.
About Entergy Louisiana
Entergy Louisiana, LLC serves approximately 1.1 million electric customers in 58 parishes. In Baton Rouge, Entergy Louisiana also provides natural gas service to approximately 94,000 customers. Entergy companies employ about 4,500 people in Louisiana.